There was a bit of a funny exchange once I was provided this spacious apartment. Early on, as I talked with CH and S about BF coming, I tried to say that with the space here, there was no reason he could not stay here. I said, intending to be funny, "But he will have to have his own bed." S, bless her heart, thought I meant he had to have his own location, and she said they'd book him a hotel. I quickly corrected her and assured her I could share a three-bedroom apartment for a weekend.
And so, the extra bed was delivered this morning, and even some more dishes appeared in the apartment. Toiletries were delivered and placed in the second bathroom. Of course, I inspected such.
Hmph! He got a fancy-schmancy body wash (Lavender-Mint). I received plain, old Dove. The Lavender-Mint just begs to be in my whirlpool tub before I leave. Ahhh---well, no reason I couldn't pull the ol' switcher-oo. He doesn't know, right? Oh, other than that he reads this blog. There's that. ;-) Ah -- but he's somewhere over the Pacific right now. Um Hm. Okay, let's keep this between us, and by the time he reads this post, I bet I'll be somewhere over the Pacific, and he'll be moving his things into the master bedroom, finding the Lavender-Mint body wash. No harm. :)
(I must say, the bed appears much more manly than the canopy/white furniture provided for me. That makes sense: BF is a male.)
Ah, and to prep for the new arrival, I even took a break from my final prep today and walked over to the market to buy more wine. After all, even in the Far East, this southern girl must be a good host and have refreshments on hand, yes? And for the first time since I arrived, I even bought some snacks. I also adjusted the air conditioner in his room, turning it on and setting it to cool. It took me a week in the apartment, living in 26 degrees (that's 78 F, folks), before I learned how to actually cool a room. Who knew you had to turn on two units to do that? (Clearly, not me.) (Alas, there is no AC in the gym downstairs. It's regularly 26-27 degrees and about 75% humidity. You: Um, JR, you've mentioned that already here. Me: Moi? Why would I do that? Oh, yes, for bigger kuddos in maintaining my 15 incline for five minutes yesterday on the treadmill (after doing so for 2, then 3 in intervals) under those conditions. (Dear Acosta Bridge: Date. Next week. You + Me. (Julie might make it a threesome.)))
Ah -- back to BF. He and I have exchanged many emails while I've been here, as he's prepared to travel. I've enjoyed being able to answer questions and provide my, albeit limited, insight into our program here. And now, I look forward to hanging out with a colleague and a friend for the next few days, acclimating him to Seoul, sharing what I've learned, and seeing it new again through his eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment