And I was near giddy with excitement to find the temple store open on my way out. It was much like any religious organization store---many books of prayer and such. But I also bought some very special treats there, that as you've shared this journey, you'll know how much they mean to me. And as important as it would be for me to be sure that items I bought in Insadong were true Korean items--after all, my desire was to contribute to the Korean economy, not the Chinese (I was cheered for this by my escort and hosts), I likewise wanted to spend some funds to support the temple. They were so kind to me. And I have great respect for them.
On the other side of the journey of the temple came the, well, the pain. If you've ever done many squats in a work-out as part of a new routine, you know what was coming to me: some seriously sore quads. And indeed: yowza. The next two days, my left and right quadriceps were in agony. Climbing any steps took much determination and will. When I was invited to walk to Insadong on Saturday afternoon, I almost accepted the offer to get a taxi. But I didn't. I knew that regular walking was in order.
And to be honest, the left quadriceps took even longer to restore the fibers, for it was not until Tuesday morning that I was walking with stability and strength again and without any lingerin pain.
I don't regret the prostrations in any way. Pain and all. But I do advise that if you decide to engage in the same, be prepared. And yes, get in a routine that incorporates lots of squats beforehand.
No comments:
Post a Comment